Best blood cancer treatment in Nallagandla, Hyderabad
Blood cancer is a type of cancer that affects the blood cells.
Opt for the Best blood cancer treatment in Hyderabad
Types of blood cancer
Each has different symptoms, treatments, and prognoses.
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN)
Some types of blood cancer affect children (Pediatric Cancer). Symptoms and treatment can be different between children and adults.
What causes blood cancer?
Blood cancers are caused by changes (mutations) in DNA within blood cells, and this causes the blood cells to start behaving abnormally.
RISK FACTORS OF BLOOD CANCER
- Family history
- Radiation or Chemical exposure
- Changes in health conditions and some treatments
Blood cancer symptoms include:
- Blood cancer symptoms vary depending on the type of blood cancer.
- Tiredness, breathlessness, pallor caused by anemia (a low level of red blood cells)
- Unexplained rash, bruising, or bleeding(caused by a low level of platelets, which helps the blood clot)
- Infections or unexplained fever(caused by a low level of white blood cells, which fights infection)
- Lumps and swellings(caused by abnormal white blood cells building up in your lymph glands)
- Bone pain(caused by damage to your bones)
- Drenching night sweats
- Itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Abdominal problems(caused by abnormal blood cells building up in your spleen)
Some signs of blood cancer can look different on different skin
- Paleness (pallor)
Blood Cancer Diagnosis and Staging
Tests will be conduct to classify the type and stage of blood cancer.
Staging is a process that tells about the severity and spread of the cancer.
Tests and procedures to diagnose blood cancers may include:
- Blood tests
- Bone marrow tests
- Imaging tests — CT scan, PET scan, and x-ray
- Physical exam
- Surgical lymph node removal
The Staging lets to know the exact type, location, and spread of the cancer.
Staging systems are relatively consistent for cancers that affect organs and other tissues, but for blood cancers, it differs. Each type of blood cancer has its own staging criteria.
A treatment plan for Blood Cancer depends on-
- Blood cancer type
- Health Condition of patient
- Genetic testresults
- Blood cell counts
Blood Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad
- Chemotherapy: By the use of powerful drugs to kill blood cancer cells. But it also damages healthy cells, which can cause side effects.
- Immunotherapy: Harnessing your immune system to fight blood cancer. It can also give the immune system a boost by changing the chemical environment of the cancer. Monoclonal antibodies and CAR T-cell therapy are forms of immunotherapy.
- Radiotherapy: Direct high doses of radiation to the part of the body where the cancer is. It destroys blood cancer cells and can also help control cancer-related pain.
- Stem cell (bone marrow) transplantation: Replacing your damaged blood-forming stem cells with healthy stem cells. These stem cells grow into all types of blood cells, including red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
- Watchful waiting: This approach is for slow-growing blood cancers.
Unlike some other cancers, lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise have little effect on your risk of developing blood cancer. However, a healthy lifestyle can significantly reduce your risk of other cancer and diseases.
Authored by Dr K Srinivas Rao - Best Radiation Oncologist in Nallagandla, Hyderabad