Best Brain Cancer Treatment in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
What is a brain tumor?
A brain tumor is an abnormal growth of cells in or around the brain. It is also called a central nervous system tumor.
Brain tumors can be malignant (cancerous) or benign (non-cancerous). Some tumors fast-growing; others are slow-growing.
Tumors that start their growth within the brain tissue are known as primary tumors. Tumors that spread to the brain after forming elsewhere in the body are metastatic or secondary.
Signs and symptoms of Brain Cancer
A brain tumor's signs and symptoms vary depending on the brain tumor's size, location, and growth.
- Change in the pattern of headaches
- Frequent and severe Headaches
- Nausea or vomiting
- Vision problems (like- blurred vision, double vision, as well as loss of peripheral vision)
- The loss of sensation gradually in the arm or the leg
- Balancing issues
- Speech difficulties
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Difference in personality or behavior
- Seizures, in particular, for those who don't have a previous history of seizures
- Hearing difficulties
What are the causes of brain tumors?
Genetic mutations within the brain cells could cause them to multiply uncontrollably and form a tumor.
The sole known causes of brain tumors are being exposed to high radiation levels from X-rays or prior cancer treatment. Certain brain tumors are caused by genetic conditions passed down among family members.
What is the process for getting a brain tumor diagnosed?
- Physical examination and medical history: This involves doctor carrying out an overall health examination to look for indications of illness or diseases, asking questions about previous and current health issues, surgery, medical treatment, other procedures, and family history of illness.
- Biopsy : with a tiny opening in the skull, doctors use needles to collect a small amount of tumor tissue. The pathologist analyzes the specimen to identify the type of tumor, including how fast it grows.
- Imaging tests : CTs, MRIs, Spets, and PET scans can help determine whether it's benign or cancerous. They can also help to pinpoint where the tumor first appeared.
- Neurological examination: During a neurological exam, your physician will be looking for any changes in your balance and coordination, mental state, hearing, vision, and reflexes. These changes could indicate the brain area that is affected by the presence of a tumor.
- A spinal tap (Lumbar puncture) : Employing a needle of a smaller size to drain fluid from the spine. The pathologist analyzes the liquid for signs of cancerous cells. This could be a sign of malignant tumors within the central nervous system.
Brain Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad
The treatment for Brain Cancer Treatment depends on the tumor's location, size, and type.
- Surgery : Safe removal of maximum tumor tissue
- Radiotherapy: High doses of radiation destroy tumor cells in the brain
- Chemotherapy: Anti-cancer drugs kill cancer cells in the brain and throughout the body. chemotherapy will be given via injections into veins or pills.
- Immunotherapy: is also known as biological therapy. Immunotherapy treatment utilizes the body's immunity system to combat cancer. The main goal of the treatment is to activate your immune system to enable it to accomplish its work more efficiently.
- Targeted Therapy: Drugs focus on specific characteristics of tumor cells without destroying healthy cells.
- Thermal ablation with lasers: This treatment uses lasers to destroy and heat cancerous cells.
- Active surveillance/watchful waiting: Close monitoring of tumor for signs of growth through regular tests.
The top Brain Tumor Expert in Hyderabad, Dr. Kankati Srinivasa Rao, can help you with your brain tumor-related health concerns.
Book an appointment for the Best Brain Cancer Treatment in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Authored by Dr K Srinivas Rao - Best Radiation Oncologist in Gachibowli, Hyderabad