Best Gynecologic cancer Treatment in Nallagandla, Hyderabad
Cancer is always named for the part of the body where it starts.
Gynecologic cancer is any cancer that starts in a woman's reproductive organs, and it begins in a woman's pelvis, below the stomach, and between the hip bones.
Types of Gynecologic Cancer
- Cervical cancer begins in the cervix, the lower, narrow end of the uterus. (The uterus is also called the womb.)
- Ovarian cancer begins in the ovaries, located on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer begins in the uterus, the pear-shaped organ in a woman's pelvis where the baby grows when she is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer begins in the vagina, a hollow, tube-like channel between the bottom of the uterus and the outside of the body.
- Vulvar cancer begins in the vulva, the outer part of the female genital organs.
What Are the Symptoms of Gynecologic Cancer?
It is essential to pay attention to your body and know what is normal for you to recognize gynecologic cancer's warning signs or symptoms (cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar cancers).
Common Symptoms of Gynecologic Cancers
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge
- Feeling full too quickly or difficulty eating, bloating, and abdominal or back pain are seen in ovarian cancer.
- Pelvic pain or pressure is seen in ovarian and uterine cancers.
- More frequent or urgent need to urinate and constipation are common for ovarian and vaginal cancers.
- Itching, burning, pain, or tenderness of the vulva, and changes in vulva colour or skin, such as a rash, sores, or warts, are found in vulvar cancer.
Causes of Gynecologic Cancer
Several risk factors may increase the risk of many types of gynecologic cancers. Risk factors include:
- Reproduction and menstrual history which includes never having children, starting menstruation before age 12 and going through menopause after age 55
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
- HIV infection or a weak immune system
- Previous history of breast or gynecologic cancer
- Older age
- Family history
- Use of oral birth control and fertility drugs
- Estrogen therapy
- High-fat diet
- Prior radiation to the pelvic area
A pelvic examination will check for abnormalities and masses on the uterus, cervix, vagina, ovaries and the vulva. A Pap test will look for cancerous cells in the cervical area.
Any suspicion of cancer can be detected by :
- CT scans or MRI
Other methods to screen for or detect gynecological cancers include:
- Colposcopy: View the vagina and cervix with a magnifying light.
- Curettage and dilation (D&C): Dilation of the cervix to remove any abnormal tissues of the canal and the uterine liner.
- Loop electrosurgical method (LEEP): Using an electrically heated loop to eliminate tissues and cells.
- Biopsy The procedure involves taking tiny samples of tissue during the process.
- Laparoscopy The procedure involves using the thin, light-filled tube through a tiny puncture in the abdomen's lower part to transmit images to a video display.
- CA-125, OVA 1 or HE4 Blood tests examine blood to detect ovarian cancer biomarkers.
Gynecologic cancer Treatment in Hyderabad
It depends on the kind of cancer and how far it has spread. Treatments may include surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. Women with gynecologic cancer often get more than one kind of treatment.
- Surgery: Removal of cancer tissue through operation.
- Chemotherapy: Using particular medicines to shrink or kill cancer. The drugs can be pills, medications through veins, or sometimes both.
- Radiation: Using high-energy rays (similar to X-rays) to kill cancer.
Choosing the treatment that is right for you may be challenging. Talk to your cancer doctor about the treatment options available for your type and stage of cancer. Your doctor can explain the risks and benefits of each treatment and its side effects.
The top gynecological cancer expert, Dr. Kankati Srinivasa Rao, has ready access to the latest technologies to enhance the treatment of gynecological cancer patients.
Contact Us for the Best Gynecologic cancer Treatment in Nallagandla, Hyderabad
Authored by Dr K Srinivas Rao - Best Radiation Oncologist in Nallagandla, Hyderabad