Best Lung Cancer Treatment In Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer deaths globally.
Smoking is the most common risk factor associated with lung cancer. Though smokers have greatest risk of developing lung cancer, it can also occur in non-smokers.
The risk of lung cancer increases with thenumberofcigarettesand the length of the time of smoking. Quitting smoking even after many years of smoking can significantly reduce the chances of developing lung cancer.
Types of lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer. Small cell lung cancer occurs almost exclusively in heavy smokers, and is less common than non-small cell lung cancer.
- Non-small cell lung cancer. Non-small cell lung cancers include squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell carcinoma.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
Most lung cancers don’t show symptoms and signs in their early stages. A character or symptom of lung cancer is usually present after the disease has advanced.
A sign or symptom of lung cancer could include:
- Unexpected cough
- Bleeding from the mouth or nose
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Weight loss
- Bone pain
Smoking causes most lung cancers — both in smokers and in people exposed to secondhand smoke.
Some risk factors can be controlled, for instance, by quitting smoking. And other factors can't be controlled, such as your family history.
Risk factors for lung cancer include:
- Exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Previous radiation therapy.
- Exposure to radon gas.
- Exposure to asbestos and other carcinogens.
- Family history of lung cancer.
- Imaging tests. An X-ray image to check abnormal mass or nodule. A CT scan can reveal small lesions in the lungs that might not be detected on an X-ray.
- Sputum cytology. Reveals the presence of lung cancer cells.
- A tissue sample (biopsy) - to confirm the diagnosis and the type of cancer.
- Molecular analysis
Lung Cancer Treatment In Hyderabad
- Surgery - Surgery is still considered the "goldstandard" for treating early-stage lung cancer. Removing the tumor and surrounding lung tissue gives the best chance for a cure for patients whose disease is localized.
- Chemotherapy and targeted therapies
How can I prevent lung cancer?
Some things will lower your risk of lung cancer
- Do not smoke.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Reduce your exposure to chemicals
Senior Oncologist Dr. Kankati Srinivasa Rao offers comprehensive and compassionate care to lung cancer patients.
Book an appointment for the Best Lung Cancer Treatment In Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Authored by Dr K Srinivas Rao - Best Radiation Oncologist in Gachibowli, Hyderabad